How Long Does it Take to Move?
Every time you move, there are several factors that determine the total time it takes to complete your move. How long does it take to move your house or apartment? Here are a few factors:
- How many boxes.
- How much furniture.
- How many odds and ends (unpacked items).
- How many flights of stairs.
- Size of elevator.
- Long hallways/long carry out to the truck.
- How many items need to be disassembled and reassembled.
- How close we are able to park the truck to your location.
When planning for the cost of your move it’s important to understand whether or not your move fits within the average move. Remember, an average will contain people who are moving furniture only as well as those with a full house. The following is what we have found to be the average amount of time it takes to move:
Average Time for Your Move
Studio/1 Bedroom (600sqft) 2-3hrs
2 Bedrooms (800sqft). 3-5hrs
3 Bedrooms (1300sqft). 4-6hrs (2-3 movers)
4 Bedrooms (1800sqft). 6-7hrs (3-4 movers)
5 Bedrooms (2000+sqft). 7-9hrs (4-5 movers)
Call for a Free Estimate: (618) 942-2994